Right (passenger side) speaker not working?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just bought a pair of 6.5 kenwoods and a pair of pioneer 6x9s. I only just installed the two front 6.5's. They came with female connected wires and the "copper ends" are twisted together and crimped down with your basic crimp connectors. One of the left (driver's side) wires inside the door panel that I cut from the original stock speakers are red and the other one is a tan color with a black stripe through it. Obviously the red one is positive and the striped one negative. But on the passenger's side the wires are blue and white with a black stripe. I figured the striped one was still negative and the solid blue one positive so I crimped them together and tried, but nothing comes out of that speaker. I even tried switching the wires and going vice versa on them (blue as negative and white with black stripe as positive) just to see if it would work. Still nothing. Can somebody please shed some light and help me out with this very annoying issue. I just spent a lot of money to be able to jam. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.