Headunit not turning on

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bcmonks
10+ year member

A week ago my front speakers stopped playing music and my amplifier was staying on when I turned off my car, I decided that the problem was most likely my amplifier so I bought a new one. Today my amplifier came in the mail so I hooked it up and noticed that my front left speaker sounded muffled, so I turned off my car and checked my connections. When I turned on my car again, my remote wire, which is located on the fuse that corresponds to the radio in my car, arced. Now my head unit does not turn on, while my amplifier does. I visually checked the fuse in the head unit but it didn't seem to have anything wrong with it, although I didn't check it with a multimeter.

TL;DR: Installed new amp, remote wire arced in fuse box, Headunit doesn't turn on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It could be a multiple of things it could be that your amp will always be on if thats the case you want to check your wiring for your amp if your amp doesnt always stay on or turn on then it could be an issue with the radio so check the radio wire harness to see if you have power memory and a ground

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.