RF vs kicker setup???

asultsniper50j
10+ year member

Ohio
So here is the deal ....

I have a ported box with 2 12" kicker comps on 600 watts (not sure rms... probably around 300)

and a ported box with 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2's with the same amp as above...

now what do you think i should put in my winter car.... in my normal car i have to 12" POWER BASS AT 2000w... but for my winter car i have those 2 options... what do you guys think would be a better choice.... thanks.

i got the amp with the p2's it is and American audio(or something like that) 600 watt.... rms is most likely 250-300w.... supposedly .. both setups are wired in parallel and both setups have 4 ohm subs.

^^^2........ the comps are going to be more efficient on that amp, but the p2's could possibly do better if you juice them higher........ i mainly depends on the 2 enclosures

^^^2........ the comps are going to be more efficient on that amp, but the p2's could possibly do better if you juice them higher........ i mainly depends on the 2 enclosures
the funny thing is the RF P2's are in a generic box(good one though) and the kickers are in a RF box.. the RF box with the kickers is old school with 4 horn tweeters and everything but i was thinking that option of just juicing up the P2's to there potential but can you really get 2 10"s to be louder than 2 12's i mean theres the surface area thing but idk i guess i have never seen 2 10"s hit louder than any 2 12's ive seen but this might just be because most people jump on getting bigger subs.

P2 one of my first setups was 2 P2s in an extended cab with like 225w rms to the pair and they got decently loud. Or at least I thought so back then, my knowledge of loud is a lot different 5 years later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.