15" Kove U3 Armageddon.. Anyone know about these?

Participant count
  • Participant list

juukno
10+ year member

<Mr. JuU KnO>
I picked up a couple of these and cannot find any info online regarding power handling, enclosure specs, or anything.

I have an Orion HCCA-D5000 w/ 2500rmsx1, so I need to know if I can run both of these efficiently w/ this amp. Any suggestions?

I have one of those subs. I used the exact same specs as the TREO SSX from Treo Engineering | Subwoofers | Amplifiers | Car Subwoofer | Bose Audio at Treoengineering.com to determine the exact specs and recommended enclosure. I used a 3.5 cubic foot ported box that maximized the bass. My kove u3 is the same model as the Treo. Im guessing that yours is the same. Someone originally sold it to me on ebay and told me that he got it from a guy at TREO who claimed to make them for KOVE before they went out of business. IT is a rocking sub! Your amp will power it well at 1 ohm so long as ur sub is a 2 ohm setup. I use a 1400 watt TREO SSX amp and it pumps the bass.

Oh i forgot you are running two of the subs... I am not sure how powerful that amp will be. Obviously you can slam one of the koves with that amp. What is the fuse rating? I tend to look at fuses rather than RMS rating. My TREO uses 4x30 amp fuses totally 120 amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.