RF vs kicker setup???

P2 one of my first setups was 2 P2s in an extended cab with like 225w rms to the pair and they got decently loud. Or at least I thought so back then, my knowledge of loud is a lot different 5 years later
well yes i am also not looking to drop a huge amount of cash just for my winter car... as i am used to in my nice car 2000watts on two 12" power base's and 400 watts on my left and another 400watt on my right.. lol i just cant have a winter car without something.. lol ... its just i have booth setups in my house well the p2's are in the car but without any money needed to no what would be a better choice.

by the way thanks every one for contributing thoughts to this... it really does help.and i was able to put the pics of the setups in mu accounts gallery uploads thing.

Well I realy liked my Kickers and that Punch... get the amp and bass nob for 200 new and the subs for 100 a pair and build a box for them and it will make the mirror shake lol... thats my 2 pennies
i actually have a buddy currently running 2 kicker 12" cvr's with a punch 600watt mosfet modded to around 1100watt and that thing shakes the block... not as good as my other car but pretty good none the less.

the loudest system i have ever heard had a punch amp.... setup built by a redneck friend of mine.. lol he put 2 15" no brand generic subs in a stage box and put it in the bed of his pickup and cranked the amp up all the way because all of this he got for free and ran it tell it got rained on and blow out...lol but it hit loud enough to outside of the cab to set of a parking lot of car alarms ... good times....good times...lol

well, if they are the comps i'm thinking of, they are going to had it to the p2's watt-for-watt, unless airspace is too small. the origin of the comp sub comes from a time off watt classification, so they are designed to make the most out of lower power levels. they have lighter cones, etc...... they still carry similar characteristics to this day, but modern calsses are based on driver size/number, unless that has changed again, so the market has moved to higher powered smaller drivers, which the p2's fall on the low-side of.........and i have seen smaller subs kill bigger ones no problem. especially if limited volume is an issue. i have also seen the comps and similar tear the cones apart from pushing them in smaller enclosures

the loudest system i have ever heard had a punch amp.... setup built by a redneck friend of mine.. lol he put 2 15" no brand generic subs in a stage box and put it in the bed of his pickup and cranked the amp up all the way because all of this he got for free and ran it tell it got rained on and blow out...lol but it hit loud enough to outside of the cab to set of a parking lot of car alarms ... good times....good times...lol
lol....... i have set car alarms off across mall parking lots with a single kicker l7-10 on a directed 600d........ in the tahoe and 4runner

y dont you just try both sets of subs and see which one you like. end of story.
well it takes forever for me to fit the kickers in my trunk...lol but none of this matters any more...lol my p2's magically blew last night ...booth of them at the same time running on half the power they can handle... but some how they still blew.. but i got the kickers in and everything and put an amp on that i had laying around and i am very happy with it and i ordered a nice kicker amp to run them at there potential when it gets here.

.... thanks for every ones help. ( :

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.