RF Power Series T112D2 Blowing Amps?

So, its not my outputs that are bad (on the Kole KX1-2000D) its the inputs, Used a power adapter and hooked up a jumper wire to the remote, it powers on and produces sound if I wiggle the White RCA input. Maybe I if I open it up and check the solder, I'll see why?

S*** where did I put my solder gun..

The White input does not wiggle now, plus on the in side I noticed the pin on the inside of the connector had been pushed in. I pushed it back out, added a small dab of solder and tightened a screw or two and leaving it to set upside down (for the solder to settle.)

Update:

Had an audio shop price match me with another shop that had lower tier stuff. Got away with $20 for fuse/holder.

New (Says it accepts 4GA/8GA, but looks like it could take 1/0) DB Link Gold Edition ANL fuse holder w/ 150A Stinger fuse.

IMG_20121215_203145_zpsb5ba88e5.jpg

Packages

IMG_20121215_203116_zps3b5c7728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Fuse, and Holder..I would say as others havent mentioned to look closely at,as the wire/original 4ga, looks to be burnt inside the Jacket/strands burnt.I know it blows, but it looks to me that the 4ga wire is not any good,and needs to be replaced for sure.Also, the 150 amp anl fuse should be the largest to be used on 4ga wiring safely,no bigger

Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes & Speaker Wire Size and Length

To avoid clipping and damaging future amps just set your gains with a dmm since you have one. I'm guessing this forum has a thread for setting gains with a dmm, if not there is one on ROE you could read. As for power wire I would go with audio technix since you can order it by the foot and it's good well priced wire.

To avoid clipping and damaging future amps just set your gains with a dmm since you have one. I'm guessing this forum has a thread for setting gains with a dmm, if not there is one on ROE you could read. As for power wire I would go with audio technix since you can order it by the foot and it's good well priced wire.
I believe there is in the 101/help section Ive never looked it up, but it is on the forum.That is an excellent choice of wire as well

I believe there is in the 101/help section Ive never looked it up, but it is on the forum.That is an excellent choice of wire as well
I'll be sure to look them up, again I can not say it enough: THANK YOU!!

While the xs is a good wire you can get ofc 1/0 from audio technix for 3.55/ft or if you aren't looking to run gobs of power you could go with cca for less 1.75/ft.
I think I have Tsunami CCA 1/0(Weird thing is the wires appear silver.. and I don't see the orange-ish tint of copper.. (Not 100% that it's Tsunami either, I'll take a look at it and report back sometime tomorrow.))

I'm not sure how to tell what it's composed of though. I got two 12'6+" runs.

Going to bed.

Yet again, it's probably over-kill at this point...but...

THANK YOU!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do replace your main run to the amp,as it does look burnt/no good.It looks like its burnt to me.get some clean run /power to that amp.

Honestly I'm not sure how to tell the difference other than if the jacket on the wire tells me. If I had to guess I would say that cca 1/0 is better than 4 gauge ofc in terms of current carrying capacity but I could be wrong.

Do replace your main run to the amp,as it does look burnt/no good.It looks like its burnt to me.get some clean run /power to that amp.
Will do FOR SURE

Honestly I'm not sure how to tell the difference other than if the jacket on the wire tells me. If I had to guess I would say that cca 1/0 is better than 4 gauge ofc in terms of current carrying capacity but I could be wrong.
I'm not positive either but I don't have big 3, or H.O. alt, or a great battery.. I'll be looking into it further as I get time.

Yet again thanks you guys!

but bed time GN, TY TY TY

Getting the big 3 done will help with your voltage drops as well you may also want to invest in a stinger volt meter as well to monitor what kind of voltage your amp is seeing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.