RF Power Series T112D2 Blowing Amps?

Considering both of those amps are pretty much flea market. Im willing to bet you had the gain all the way up on the amp and the bass boost on?
He stated in the beginning that he had the gain set at 1/3 and 1/2 and the bass boost off....

He stated in the beginning that he had the gain set at 1/3 and 1/2 and the bass boost off....
Reading > Me

With a 2v preout, gains at 1/2 and amps that dont do rated power. Its very likely he was clipping and destroyed the amp.

Your totally wrong subs can blow amps i have ran across this once. My friend had a Fosgate P3 every amp put to it blow in a matter of days. I thought it was him so i took it out of his car and put it to my 4 ch amp and don't you know it blow my memphis 4 ch to. Everyone on here is quick to say it's the install since they don't have an answer.
....go away noob.

Reading > Me
With a 2v preout, gains at 1/2 and amps that dont do rated power. Its very likely he was clipping and destroyed the amp.
I agree. I was going to suggest maybe the OP get a dmm or take it to shop that has one... It's the only way he's going to know if he's clipping the sub/subs to death.

true . but with a 60 amp fuse??
It will be fine. A lower amp fuse doesnt have anything to do with amps blowing subs or subs blowing amps. It has everything to do with how much current can go through that fuse before it pops. Its there to protect your amp from to much current.

I agree. I was going to suggest maybe the OP get a dmm or take it to shop that has one... It's the only way he's going to know if he's clipping the sub/subs to death.
I have a DMM (Digital Multi-Meter?) How can I find out if I would be clipping?

Reading > Me
Thank you first and foremost.

I'm not sure what I've done to cause clipping, I have been doing my best to avoid it by setting my gains and keeping the bass boost off.

How can I ensure that I'm avoiding a distorted signal/clipping?

Sorry for the noob questions but I'm still new to the CA world, and I'm taking my steps to step my bass game up. However small those steps are..

Again I greatly appreciate the help.

He seems to like overrated junk amps. You can not set the gains with a DMM or its going to clip hard. You are doing something wrong
I'm sorry that I can't afford the "big boy toys." I would love to be able to spend the money on quality products but the price(s) is my problem.

I almost made a deal the other day with a guy on Craigslist in my area for a Hifonics Brutus Elite amp. He was only asking $250 for it, and had only used it a handful of times. Also told me something I didn't know about higher powered amps like that: No fuses on the amp itself. Though I'm thinking he's going to hang onto the amp.

It will be fine. A lower amp fuse doesnt have anything to do with amps blowing subs or subs blowing amps. It has everything to do with how much current can go through that fuse before it pops. Its there to protect your amp from to much current.
But, that wire hasn't been given a name brand yet either... What if it was say, American Pyle brand (you get what I'm saying) that was actuall 8 gauge CCA in a heavy shell? That could come into play.

I'm sorry that I can't afford the "big boy toys." I would love to be able to spend the money on quality products but the price(s) is my problem.I almost made a deal the other day with a guy on Craigslist in my area for a Hifonics Brutus Elite amp. He was only asking $250 for it, and had only used it a handful of times. Also told me something I didn't know about higher powered amps like that: No fuses on the amp itself. Though I'm thinking he's going to hang onto the amp.
You would of spent the same in the long run.

But, that wire hasn't been given a name brand yet either... What if it was say, American Pyle brand (you get what I'm saying) that was actuall 8 gauge CCA in a heavy shell? That could come into play.
It's very well possible that the 4-Ga wire I'm using isn't true 4-Ga. I'm uploading pics at the moment of my wire(s). Will post shortly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.