RF & DD setup..what kinda db am i lookin at?

lionel2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
I was thinking of getting 2 DD2512's dual 4 ohms wired to a 1 ohm load running off a RF t1000db..which is 1586w rms at 1 ohm and the subs are 1000w rms for the pair..2 or 0 guage wiring not sure...ported box..what kinda numbers am i lookin at 140's?

Yes 600w rms to each sounds right..they are 500w rms each so a little bit higher wont hurt they can handle it..i really want DD..but brand new and dont know where to gte them brand new besides ddaudio.com...but only 6 month warranty..treo has 3 years...and they are 1 mile away from me the shop that sells them..but they want 350 each for an SSI 12...i dont know..i hear DD's blow easy..not sure lot of people have them..dude at the show last summer has 2 DD9512's and he won with 154.2db...is it worth it??

I mean i am not doing this till i get a new car..i have so much invested in my blazer right now....new door speakers..dash speakers..head unit...amp...subs..wires...everything..it sounds very clean..but its more like a sound quality car than a db mobile...i want it to bump..i mean my whole rear end vibrates when you have all the windows closed..and okay loud with them open...my box is sealed..my subs are not good with ported...i really want that high excusion subs..like DD or treo...my next car will be a trailblazer..R.I.P blazer..miss them brand new 4 doors....i only wanna do 2 12's..cause dude at show had a CRX with 2 12's 158.8db...but it is a honda CRX..they are know for pumpin out dbs...one thing i need a tip on..what position do i want the box...subs facing up..toward back..port up or back??..thanks guys

its called an aeroported box...just like any ported box but the box does not go clean to back of box just about 3/4 of the way..say the box is 16 inches deep then port goes about 10 inches deep..does not wrap around the back..thanks

couldn't tell ya,.... we could guess all day but no one can be exact. it depens on install, box, vehicle, wiring, power and alot of factors... the only way to know wat something will do is to get it metered like mentioned above... i mean ive seen 1 15 hit 145 while three 12's could only hit 139.... so there's alot of factors that play in spl

I'm interested to see where you got your information from, because of your statement "DD subs blow easy". I really do believe that it's as far from the truth as your source(s) can get. The new 2500a series subs are rated at 600wrms vs the older models at 500rms. They are a good bit larger and more powerful and not on the site yet. You should call them to get any specifics if your box design was betting on older dimensions by chance. I've had a few pair come in and go out and they most certainly beat the older 2500's hands down.

It was a car audio shop that said DD blow easy..but hey i did not believe it at first because they just want me to buy there subs...what web site can i buy DD from?? besides ddaudio.com

It was a shop that got turned down when they applied to carry DD, that's what that shop is. DD is not sold on websites in the US other than on their own site. It's guarded pretty well, to protect dealers from getting in the "Power Acoustik & Audiobahn" price wars. No distributors, no hocking.

what vehicle, box, tuning, then we can give you a geuss that is going to be far from accurate assuming you know what your doing.

If this is a 100% SPL set up you'd be better off getting a 3515d Dual 0.7ohm and wireing them in series/parallel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.