Restoring an old Shocker III motor

woofercooker
10+ year member

A Gentleman and a Scholar
I picked up this motor on the forum. It had the normal wear that a raw steel motor gets over the years. I started by sanding off some of the impurities and then laid on a few coats of paint. Here are a couple of pics of the motor masked off and drying.

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

Next the motor arrived with quite a bit of debris in the gap which needed to be cleaned out. Also all of the mounting holes were stripped clean and needed to be re-threaaded. I took care of that with a simple tap and die set and was able to get the basket all mounted up. Going to make it into a nice beefy little 10 for my collection.

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

More to come as I put the recone together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.