Resonant Engineering XXX 15

Participant count
  • Participant list

marleyskater420
5,000+ posts

Banned
ok first offi dont know if i am qualified enough to write this review or not.but id like to share my review of this sub.ok first off.little backround info on me.i first got started listenin to a jl w6.it was ok...then i heard 2 12"l7's in a sealed box and i thought that was bass heaven...then i came to the forums....anyway..at first site of this sub,i saw its box it came in.and picked it up and was surprised,**** surprised.this is one heavy woofer.60lbs.i openeded the box and to my delight a beautiful elegant sub was sitting in front of me.15 inches of big heavy bass.the magnet looks seXXXy(nice touch i thought) instead of normal round designs i love the angle at the top.the basket is very nice looking and sturdy as hell.the cone is simply put-**** cool.now once i built my box and put this sub in,mind u it was very hard to hold a 60lb sub while i get the screws in right,i was anxious to play it.it runs off a bx1500d getting 1500w@1ohm.now,to understand my feelings of bass...i LOVE bass,seriously,if bass was a women id have dreams of her everynight,ok,i all i want is big heavy deep bass.shaking my whole body and makin my nostrils flare in and outcuz the spl is so crazy.and that is what this sub delievers.i first put in "killa whale" by andre nickatina...the sub was just..flawless..the first time i played my sub the metal in my roof bounced in and out,not rattling,bouncing,like a denting noise.needless to say i was amazed.the sub hit clean and whatever note came to it.then i fired in some RATM to see how it would hit w/some rock.i put in "bulls on parade"..for 15 this sub hits fast.it hit every note with no distortion.the bass was not as deep as it could have been but was still very pleasing to the ears.i was very very surprised.then i played du hast by rammstein and it did not react as clean or as deep to the bass on this.it would be short tiny hits,nothing deep.the sub has such a deep tone to it,you know when u buy a sub and u want a sub that sounds like the bass just stays there and is so deep and perfect.thats this sub.the bass seems to just stay there after it hits,like its waiting for me.i also put in "wish you were here" by pink floyd.as with the other songs it hit very clean bass.hit every note.high and low that was thrown to it.......now for thought on it.when i first got it i was so worried that it would not outdo by 2 12"l7 w/ 1000w...i was wrong...very wrong...it kills my kickers in everyway shape and form....now for quotes of the system...."thats got some ****in bass to it"-guy at shop.."dude dad,my ears hurt too much so i actually had to turn it down"-me..."i dont believe you,your lying"-dad "dude i played it last at 7 oclock and its 11 and my ears are ringing still"-me "tyler turn it off my ears are gonna bleed"-brother "dude we were inside and my friend asked when you were gonna get here and we heard this noise outside and he said 'WHAT THE **** IS THAT' and i knew it was you dude"-jon G. "i had to get out cuz my tits were shaking"-angela...all i have to say finally is that when you order this sub.you do not have to worry about it under-performing.you have to worry about if you like your ears and how long your gonna be able to keep them once you get this sub.2 12's are nothing to this 15.this sub is worth all the money i put into it.i just sold my 12" and box and hope to buy another 15" XXX sometime soon.out of 10 i give this sub a 10 for spl.9 for sq.10 for looks.and 9.5 for ease of installation just becayse when i was trying to screw in the wires the magnet kept pulling the allen wrench out of my hand.i love my sub.i still would like to compare it to an eD A 15" and a AA brahma 15".but for now RE is where its at.you will not be dissapointed if you buy this sub.and i have high expectations of subs.thats all i really have to say.hope some of this is helpful.oh.the box was tuned to 34hz and its 6 cube after displacement.

ps.i'd like to thank One,and David.One-for the best box i can build,i wouldnt have ever been able to do it w/out you man thanks so much.David-for the greatest sub a spl loving mother fu**er could ever want

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

marleyskater420

5,000+ posts
Banned
marleyskater420
In the medium of life
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies