Resonant Engineering 12HC

Participant count
  • Participant list

jemorgan85
10+ year member

SPL Tactician
When I got these in the mail like 4 months ago, I was amazed at how heavy they are. When I picked one up it was just as, if not heavier than the Audiobahn 1505X that I had owned. The massive magnet has to weigh 35 lbs. They have strong, rigid cones, and a bubble that cannot be pushed in.

When I hooked one up in a 1cu. foot sealed box, it was incredible how low the sub effortlessly went. With 500 Planet Audio watts, it would produce low notes that rang in my head and rumbled my whole car. Some notes in tracks like Cee-lo "Spend the Night in your Mind" would vibrate my clutch and make it difficult to drive (which actually made me happy). However, in order for this sub to reach its full potential it needs to be in a medium ported enclosure with 1000 watts. That's the sound quality the HC was designed for and I must say it is very good and very loud.

When I got them on sale for 2 bills apiece it was a great deal but I would say that they are a good deal anytime for bass heads and SQ heads or whatever you are.

For the money they are very very nice drivers.

Highly recommended with some sound dampening.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

jemorgan85

10+ year member
SPL Tactician
jemorgan85
Greenwood, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies