Resonant Engineering 10" SX Box Build

Day 3:

Okay Uneasy Update.

Here's the Situation:

I have holes in my wood the same size as the holes on my sub. vv

I have Nut's, Washer & Bots holding in my sub instead of screws. vv

As a result, I can't use the rubber lip that goes around the rim of the sub vv

My neighbor insisted on doing thing to better support the weight of the sub but now I feel it may of been a mistake in more ways then one

I need to unscrew roughly 15 screws on the top of my enclosure to get to my sub vv

After that i need to take a socket wrench and undo 8 nuts, 5 awkwardly located vv

After all this I to put it all back together.

My box has still not been fabricated nor has the exterior been painted.

Pro: Its solid as fuh. My sub isen't moving a inch while installed

Cons: Just about everything listed above.

Should I fill the bolt holes and drill new holes for screws? If yes, how do you suggest I do so?

Pictures will be posted asap.

I'd fill in the holes and just use screws for the sub. It's not a super heavy sub, so there's really no need for bolts or anything like that. I'd just use the same coarse thread drywall screws you've been using, they grip MDF like a beast. Just use a 1/16-7/64" drill bit to predrill.

haha sounds like the "RE" logo is going to tilting a little bit then. hopefully i can have this finished by this weekend. need wiring tho. found my power wire from my last subs but still looking for my ground.

Fabricated

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

Rounded edges made the job a difficult one but all things considered, I give it a C+

from the front view at least.

All I need now is wiring and I'm set. Might go to best buy for that, just to be done with it. Get the wires, fill the hole in the back, throw it in the trunk and go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.