Resonant Engineering 10" SX Box Build

Day 2:

Got kinda sloppy joe with the gaulk

102_0255.jpg

102_0257.jpg

102_0257.jpg

and realized that i can't line the port.... :/ not sure what to do about that..........

102_0259.jpg

Got the hook up from my girl Jo-Ann tho

SPARY PAINT TIME

102_0260.jpg

102_0261.jpg

102_0262.jpg

102_0263.jpg

Yeah!

Hopefully everything looks good once dried. Nate I'd be more then happy to contribute to that sealed box btw i'll PM about the ALT. Snoopy I might post a video when its up and running to see what you think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif hope it meets par. I'm heading to work now, pretty minor steps but steps non-the less ya.

Good job taping off the top as to not get any paint where you still need to glue the top...a lot of people don't know to do that.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Thought about just before I started....

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job taping off the top as to not get any paint where you still need to glue the top...a lot of people don't know to do that.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Thought about just before I started

not really lol just felt it would be a good idea to tape everything, didnt really have a purpose beside there's no need to put paint where it shouldn't be. btw should i be concerned that i can't line the port with power grab?

So long as you used a solid bead of it when adhering the MDF together, then there should be a good seal regardless.
well i can't reach the inside of the port i mean. I'll put a solid bead in the main cabin where the speaker will be but I can't fit the gun down the port to line it.

Why would you really need to line it? If you're worried about an air leak or something, I think you're wasting your effort. If you used a solid bead of adhesive when gluing your stuff together, there will be no air leaks. There's honestly no reason to "seal" the inside of a box with silicon...just makes people feel better, I guess.

Why would you really need to line it? If you're worried about an air leak or something, I think you're wasting your effort. If you used a solid bead of adhesive when gluing your stuff together, there will be no air leaks. There's honestly no reason to "seal" the inside of a box with silicon...just makes people feel better, I guess.
I have to say my recent box had just wood glue, didnt really do the insides besides it pouring out both sides of the wood when pressed together. no air leaks and it was my 2nd box ever built

Prob would of skipped it knowing that lol

Yep, I don't use caulk on my boxes. I use plenty of tite-bond2 and usually run a quick bead of it around the inside seams for good measure though.
I do the same thing with my adhesive, just because I'm OCD and need to have everything look the same inside...even though I'll never see it again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Got the hook up from my girl Jo-Ann tho
The price is right on that felt from Jo-Ann fabrics and it can look good but it is a real ***** to work with compared to real speaker box carpet. Stretches way too easily and is a pain to cut even with the sharpest of blades.Be careful about bleed through from the spray adhesive too. Doesn't take a lot of glue to soak right through that felt. Good lookin box.

The price is right on that felt from Jo-Ann fabrics and it can look good but it is a real ***** to work with compared to real speaker box carpet. Stretches way too easily and is a pain to cut even with the sharpest of blades.Be careful about bleed through from the spray adhesive too. Doesn't take a lot of glue to soak right through that felt. Good lookin box.
still got a receipt if its that big of a difference. either way good looking out, i appreciate it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.