Researched and narrowed it to three, which would you choose?

Which amp to power a 600w rms 12" DVC sub, 2ohm load?

• Total voters
I am biased and proud. This omission ups the value of your opinion.
You assume correctly... my 3rd on both accounts. Besides, and Audi sans quattro is just a fancy VW. Unless of course it's an R32. But we'll leave that for another forum.
Don't get me talking about my dream car, the R32. Things will get really off topic lol

but bob said they are american made! and he is giving advice! hahah
just kidding bob. but i dont think they are american made. but jacob buts them through a quality test to ensure they arent crap which a lot of companies probably dont do
I was told that the Sundown amps, the SAX I believe, were assembled in America.

Trying to gather more relevant info on the AQ and MBQ.

Yes, the ONYX amps do rated and in most cases, more then the specs reveal.The ONYX are the Discus replacements but we have made upgrades and board lay out changes to improve THD & N, changes to better improve efficiency, thermal balance for concistant power through out the extreme temperature ranges caused by mounting locations and geographical locations.

The pre-amp has gone through a few minor changes to improve the linearity of the potentiometers and reduced THD & N.

There are also the obvious cosmetic changes as well.

Trying to gather more relevant info on the AQ and MBQ.
Well the looks are the biggest improvement imo...not sure if the Discus has the plastic mounting feet as well, but if they didn't, that's a big downgrade. Otherwise, I like the Onyx more. They are decent looking, the Discus was UGLY

has no one yet mentioned that the ''MB Quart'' line up has now pulled away from all online sales & as such anything bought online from this company & not from the shop will NOT have a valid warranty...???

there was a massive thread about this here a while back.......

Interesting point to say the least.

If I was to purchase it, would likely do so off Amazon for this exact reason. At ~$200 shipped and a good return / exchange policy in case things run afoul, should be all good.

.And nope, just one DVC 12" rated at 600rms and I'm wired w/2 gauge. Kinda odd, just picked up some rubber spacers as well. But that was in hopes of better airflow and cooling than mounting.
Oh, well u will have plenty of power then. I got the MB running earlier, but I will have to test it out good tomorrow. I actually bought mine to run a 600rms single 10" with 2guage, but I have to get the box built yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

Regardless, Sundown and MBQ shouldn't be compared since Sundown is American made and MBQ isn't.
Why don't you go buy a Ford then. (this is my finger poking a big hole in logic)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

...just pickin, but I do think it's funny how everything I buy from America has 3rd world fingerprints all over it. lol.

Oh, well u will have plenty of power then. I got the MB running earlier, but I will have to test it out good tomorrow. I actually bought mine to run a 600rms single 10" with 2guage, but I have to get the box built yet. I'll let you know how it goes.
Yeah, I'm trying to overshoot just a tad in order to not drive the amp too hard, or at least get one that's nice and efficient. Searching on other forums now, the AQ is steadily overtaking interest in the MBQ. (Uh oh, I might wind up being a nuthugger too.) However, still interested to hear that you get yours up and running.

you can get the onyx for 219 bnib
Thanks for the mention man. But like I said earlier, I choose these amps due their similar specs and prices so I'm really not too concerned with having to spend a few bucks more... or less.

That said, is your pick the Onyx and if so is it just due to price or otherwise? TIA

AQ = Korean made

MB = China made

That right there say's it all and should easily make your decision that much easier.

FYI - I have seen bench test done on aq's 2200's and their new 3500's both did over rated. 2200 did around 10% more and the 3500 did well over 15% more than rated. So to say that AQ is not underrated is a false statement. I can run my 2200 in my trunk for multiple hours during long trips and I have yet to even get it near warm and I live in louisiana. Plus it's just so d amn sexy

i chose the mbq due to the fact that they have a very solid rep
It's tru they do have a good rep but I believe that most of that is due to their legacy equipment and not so much there new equipment. I am not saying there new stuff is bad by any means but I feel that most of their good rep should be attributed to their legacy equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...