Request help: Does my speaker selection match my selected amp

2b1ask1

SC
I have a 2016 F150 XLT 2wd SCrew with 502A Package (7 speakers and 8" screen w/o Nav).

I want to replace all of the speakers in my truck and add a subwoofer. I will be keeping my factory 8" headunit. I was thinking about the JL Audio C2-690tx (fronts), C2-650x (rears), C2-075ct (pillars), C2-350x (center) and a single 10TW1-4 (subwoofer). For my amplifier, I was planning on the JL RD900/5. Can someone help tell me if my speaker choices will match up well with my amplifier with regards to RMS power, and more specifically the impedance for the sub

I know that everyone has their opinion on speaker sound quality, as we all have different ears. I was also thinking about exploring another brand and was thinking of Memphis. Can anyone recommend a similar or better quality match for the Memphis line.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

2016 Ford F-150 Crew Cab Pickup XLT with 7-Speaker System; with 8" Screen

Dash: 3.5"

A-Pillar: 1"

Front Door Panel: 6" x 9"

Rear Door Panel: 6.5"

That's actually not a good match. The front doors speakers (mid-bass) and the pillars speakers (tweeters) are running off the same channel on the factory amp. The ones that you chose (JL Audio C2-690tx) have the tweeters built into the speaker (in the middle already). What you need to look for is 6x9" Component Speakers as opposed to 6x9" coaxial speakers.

If you want to go with an aftermarket system, you usually have to forgo the center speaker. The rear speakers that you chose are fine. As for the sub, the sub you chose is rated at 300w whereas the amp can push 225w at 4ohm (which is what the sub is). It's a little under powered. If you want the most from your amp get a more powerful sub. If you want to stick with JL, this one will work. Keep in mind that this is a 2 ohm sub and will utilize the 500w pushed by the amp. It will also increase the power going to the other speakers, so don't overpower the other speakers.

-edit-

I just realized that this site redirects my sonicelectronix links. When it does, just click the middle "Continue to sonicelectronix.com" to proceed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.