Replacing my Factory Sub that has a Support Bolt Threaded into the Magnet

Participant count
  • Participant list

JasoninDLH

Jason Was Here
MN
I’ve removed my factory sub which has a threaded hole in the magnet for a support bolt to the enclosure.

What are the repercussions of me drilling and tapping a new hole into the magnet of my new shallow mount sub to rerain this support bolt?

Here’s the factory sub/enclosure that you can see the threaded hole…
6BB5A1E6-A218-48F5-92C2-15C33A4BF456.jpeg

Factory sub is 200watts RMS and new sub is 400 watts, so I’m a bit concerned about skipping the support bolt in the new sub.

I was even considering caulking the rear of the magnet and adhering it to the enclosure, but am unsure what the repercussions of that would be too.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Id seal the bolt hole up with Silicone and maybe look into placing some Poly Fill inside the Plastic enclosure and mount the new sub and run it. Im sure a robotic arm placed that sub in there and had to have a guide for placement. Got to love the templets used for Robotics to take a Humans position

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...