Replacing Factory Components or just Mid

Participant count
  • Participant list

Costa0079

CarAudio.com Newbie
Vehicle: 2015 Kia Cadenza
I have just added sub\amp and am looking to bring up the mids\highs in the cabin. Currently working with 12 speaker Infinity factory system. Will most likely add an amplifier to the components that i replace current speakers with. Looking for thoughts on direction of the built. Would like to upgrade but the neighborhood doesnt have to know about it, if you know what i mean. Factory Would like to keep components around 150$ pair and amp 300$( i know , im cheep.) Let me know about your ideas and experiences. Thank you in advance

Oh joy to new cars. 13 speakers including the center right? Most likely your usable signal is going to come from out the factory amp so you’ll need de-equalization features That come from a dsp. You can also reduce speakers for a simplified soundstage and grab an amp that will power the speaker sets.

I was going to recommend the Dayton dsp but it doesn’t have de-equalization. That said I would trust a pioneer unit.
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/Sound+Processors/DEQ-S1000A
$179 on amazon

If you got something like this with a simple 4 channel amp you could run a solid active setup (front tweeters on ch1/2 and and midbass driver on the 3/4 channels with your subs on the existing sub amp you have. All of it would be filtered and equalized through the dsp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.