replacing dust cap

Elmers glue works well hahaha.

Look up a couple threads about what kind of glue to use for a recone, should have all the info u need. CA glue is the common choice and works great.

Okay will superglue do fine?
Never used it but i wouldn't use it by any means... Like i said CA glue works great and is used by basically every subwoofer company/people that recone woofers.

This is what will also work well according to other - Loc-Tite Epoxy.. Can be bought @ Lowes, HD, Walmart, etc and is premixed in the syringe.

Elmers glue works well hahaha. 

Look up a couple threads about what kind of glue to use for a recone, should have all the info u need. CA glue is the common choice and works great.
Okay will superglue do fine?
Never used it but i wouldn't use it by any means... Like i said CA glue works great and is used by basically every subwoofer company/people that recone woofers.
This is what will also work well according to other - Loc-Tite Epoxy.. Can be bought @ Lowes, HD, Walmart, etc and is premixed in the syringe.
BTW, SuperGlue IS CA glue

You can get thicker mixes of CA glue to keep it from running all down into your sub. Hobby Lobby sells 3 viscosities, accelerator, and de-bonder. Some other hobby shops that specialize in models will sell IC-2000 which is rubberized CA glue which is black.

take some 50-80 grit sandpaper and rough up the edge on the dust cap where it gets glued or the epoxy WONT hold.

telling ya though i have NEVER had a dust cap come off with goop. if ur going with epoxy overlap the top edge(float in) of the dust cap or it will never hold if ur putting several thousand watts to it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.