Replacing Bose System in 2012 Impala

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigkickr

I'm curious if anyone knows if it's possible or how to replace the Bose sound system in the 2012 Impala while keeping a factory head unit?

I replaced the factory head unit with a GM Bose Nav radio to add factory on screen nav that GM fails to offer with that vehicle. I went with the GM radio because I got a decent deal on it and I was tired of the "dash kit" look I've had in my past vehicles. With this 2012 Impala being my first brand new vehicle I wanted to maintain the stock appearance while still gaining on screen nav. At a minimum I am going to drop my 2 - 12's in the trunk but I'm contemplating changing out all the interior speakers as well. The only way I will do that is if I can keep the factory head unit I have installed.

Is this possible or does anyone know how to do it?

It's possible, but a pain. You will have to wire completely around the factory amps (run new speaker wire from deck to speakers or amp to speakers and RCA to amp from LOC). It will be well worth the sound upgrade once it's done, however.

I liked the stock speakers in my fathers 2009 Impala with the bose system, If you just want extra bass then just get a nice LOC, I like the one i just bought, Audio control LC6i. But the rest will be a pain in the ***... I kept the stock headunit and replaced all my speakers but you have to rerun all the wires.

I will run it by my guys at the car audio place I go to, see if it's something they're willing to undertake for a reasonable cost. Would it simplify things at all to get an amp like a Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D and just tie everything into that? Fronts, Rears, and Subs? I have a Rockford Fosgate T500-1bd that will power the subs once they're installed, but if I do go the speaker route as well should I just add a second four channel amp or eliminate the T500-1bd and go with something like the P1000X5D?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.