Replacement for Stolen Pioner DEH P640

shriramosu

Hi

I had a Pioneer DEH 640P 50x4 MOSFET single CD player/head unit in my 1997 Acura Integra GSR.

Unfortunately, did not remove the faceplate last night and it got stolen.

I don't know a lot about car audio, but am a bit of a home audiophile, Arcam amplification with Vandersteen speakers and Hsu subwoofer.

Looking for peoples recommendations on good sounding single CD units (either equal to or better than the Pioneer). Might add a sub later on if quality will get much better.

I listen primarily to classical, rock and jazz music, either std FM or CD.

Thanks

Shriram

marvelusjd

SoCal
I've always liked Pioneer for head units, but I have to say my preference is Alpine. If you're going to add a sub later, look for a deck that has a sub out. You can find them retailing from $200 and up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Might want to list your year and model/trim of the Honda you are working with. There are many non tradtional lines that people in here are famioiar with and could recomend for the same or ususally...
Resonix is supposed to be the bees knees, but it is a little $$. If I was doing the whole car, probably would shell out for the entire resonix treatment, at my age, would be a big commitment to...
I like your idea. My rear speakers are also almost invisible. I didn't remove them, but I cut some baffles to let the subwoofers sound escape the trunk.
Ya man.. No telling how long that will last. you do one are and the weakest point begins to fail sooner or later. Looking at CDT speakers,. They are some great speakers for the money. Ive liked...
If the plug matches, you just need to match the wires up. I re-made the harness for my audison amp, and the hardest part was getting the speaker wires correct. I just used a little headphone plug...

About this thread

shriramosu

shriramosu
Portland, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
marvelusjd