removing stock radio and installed new head unit...no sound?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'll just assume you have an LX since you supplied approximately 'zero' useful details on your system and car.

If you do have an LX, make sure all the connections are correct using this diagram:

1369d1155876035-help-need-wire-color-diagram-2003-sorento-radio-.jpg

Sorry kinda new to all of this. Its an EX . Everywhere I go and look up they say the harness is 70-2003 but it won't play sound. I have my k-wood in my jeep and it was no problem at all. This one is a dual (maybe that's the issue haha) idk I'm going crazy

Alot of guys on here don't care for your problems. I have one forum with 900 views and one answer Lol.

It's a dual head unit. Very dodgy. Assuming it turns on, make shure its tuned to a known station in your area that you know you can recieve, or play a CD (Some duals don't have it)

Get a multimeter, or even a small light bulb. Ground it to the chassis, put your meter to volts AC or your lightbulb to "light" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and your radio to 50 percent volume, and poke at all your audio out channels on the dual radio on the positive side. If the meter or bulb gives a reading or flash, your putting out audio. (Probably best to have a CD in and playing assuming your dual can play them) if you have no signal, check your fuses and unplug the radio for 3 minutes. Turn it on. If this still doesn't help, try getting a 12 Volt signal feom your harness and VERY quickly tapping it on your speaker wires. Make shure its the postive side of the speaker, not the ground. If it makes a popping sound your good. MAKE SHURE YOU DO IT QUICKLY! Don't hold it on there just a quick Tap. Then, double check your wiring. If all fails, burn the dual with carb cleaner and spend 90 bucks on a JVC radio, or alpine. You will not regret it I promise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.