Removing Factory VW Radio w/o the removal keys???....

if ;you have the slides from an aftermarket cage release tool, you may be able to convice the latches to release, but I would probably wait for the right ones.

Otherwise this would be the one in a million time to go to walmart and buy them for five dollars.

If the keys you have for the new deck are the "flat" keys, you can use those. The deck has a "flap" on each side that need to be pushed in to release.

yup, i jsut went and bought the keys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

used em once.

Is it the four hole type removal process, euro din? If so, you can take a wire coat hanger and cut off the ends and use that. It's very simple; just cut the hanger, bend them so they slide into the four holes and then pull to the right and left of the stock receiver. It will just come right out.

Is it the four hole type removal process, euro din? If so, you can take a wire coat hanger and cut off the ends and use that. It's very simple; just cut the hanger, bend them so they slide into the four holes and then pull to the right and left of the stock receiver. It will just come right out.
x2....he beat me to it, my friend did the exact same thing so he didnt have to buy the pins to remove the radio

i always use an old credit card, and cut it like a tri-angle, till it fits in the holes (on all 4 corners), you can feel the tabs pop when you put them in far enough

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.