Swapping factory Honda Element stereo 2005 with DMH1770 nex

Participant count
  • Participant list

RHill234

CarAudio.com Newbie
KCMO
I am switching a factory Honda Element 2005 am fm single CD player digital display NO subwoofer to a Pioneer DMH 1770 NEX. I was wondering what harness i can use from the factory wiring to the new radio to keep from having to splice wires if possible? I can call Crutchfield if I need to.Thank you R Hill

If you had bought it from crutchfield or sonicelectronix those install kits are free. You will probably need a mounting kit as well.

Metra Dash kit below at the very least you can take the metra numbers to amazon or ebay. Just don't buy something from walmart

Scosche wiring harness which will go to the Pioneer wiring harness and just plug into the OEM harness so no splicing required.

Metra Wiring harness same thing as the Scosche just a Metra number to help you find one. Doesn't matter which one you get both the same and will do the same job with no splicing into the OEM harness.

Now if you have a OEM Amplifier in that vehicle which some did then you will need this wiring harness instead of the one above. So make sure you figure that out

Usually on a Honda you need an antenna adapter as well

If you have steering wheel radio controls then contact the makers of this item and find out if it will work otherwise your steering controls won't work at all.

I am switching a factory Honda Element 2005 am fm single CD player digital display NO subwoofer to a Pioneer DMH 1770 NEX. I was wondering what harness i can use from the factory wiring to the new radio to keep from having to splice wires if possible? I can call Crutchfield if I need to.Thank you R Hill
I did not say I have no in box wirin

I should have said I have no wiring at all I bought radio only. What do I need for pug and play DMH 1770 nex to Honda Element 2005 7 speakers am fm

Then you need what I listed. You also need to find out if your Honda Element has an OEM amplifier or not. And if you have steering wheel controls and if so do you want to keep them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...