Remove oem aux port Honda CR-V?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GreenSpaceApe

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all brand new to the forums here and working on upgrading my set up. I’m putting a new head unit and understand the stock aux port will no longer function. Has anybody ever had any success removing this and finding another compartment or fitting to go in its place?

I’d like to remove something serving no purpose if not for functionality then aesthetics.

Please let me know what you folks think or feel free to say hi and drop a recommendation for a head unit and speakers. Looking mid-range to lower end; I don’t have thousands to drop. Yet.

Hi all brand new to the forums here and working on upgrading my set up. I’m putting a new head unit and understand the stock aux port will no longer function. Has anybody ever had any success removing this and finding another compartment or fitting to go in its place?

I’d like to remove something serving no purpose if not for functionality then aesthetics.

Please let me know what you folks think or feel free to say hi and drop a recommendation for a head unit and speakers. Looking mid-range to lower end; I don’t have thousands to drop. Yet.
There are lots of things you could use the space for ... one that comes to mind is an ext
external switch ... to power or turn off an accessory... like an amp remote wire shutoff ... turn on under dash lighting or outside driving lights.... a good location to mount an amp control knob if your amp come with one ...if enough room add an extra usb charging port ...even a mini volt meter to monitor your system... there's lots of things that it can be used for you just have to be creative and figure out what would suit you the best ....

You could wire the stock aux port into the head unit. Depends on the head unit of course but if it has rca inputs than wire it into a rca and voila. Another use would be making it a switch if you ever add subwoofer lighting or any lighting really. I mean pretty much depends on what you want to do with your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.