Remote wire problem

I have a Kenwood Excelon x590 HU. Do I connect my remote wire from my amp to the Ant. Cont wire (Motor Atenna Control Wire) or does it go to Ext. Cont wire ( External amplifier control wire? Thanks for your help!
how do you like your x590? im thinkin about upgrading my current deck to that deck.

I have a Kenwood Excelon x590 HU. Do I connect my remote wire from my amp to the Ant. Cont wire (Motor Atenna Control Wire) or does it go to Ext. Cont wire ( External amplifier control wire? Thanks for your help!
the ext. cont wire goes to your amp to turn it on.

if you used your ant. wire your amp would turn off when you have a cd playing. it would only be on when the radio is on, thats why you hook it to the antenna wire in dash radio harness.

Well i just tried hooking up my remote wire to the ext conn wire. The amp didnt turn on at all. So i tried the atenna wire and the amp turns on and stays on even with a cd. Is this ok?

The wire is pink and black. Does this matter?
Since that particluar output is for Kenwood's proprietary B.M.S. controls for amps that are so equipped YES that matters much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

In the Kenwood harness there should be two blue wires. One will have a white stripe alongside the insulation and the other will not.

But if that particular model eXcelon has current in the power antenna output even when not in tuner mode then there's no good reason not to use it if it's working for you the way it needs to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.