Remote wire below 10V

Participant count
  • Participant list

ox45

Hello forum!

I'm trying to install a system for my brother, but ran into a problem. I hooked everything up and the HU powers up and plays fine, but the amp won't turn on. The 12+/- are both fine, but the remote line is only reading about 7.5V. I tried testing directly from the HU side of the rem line and same thing. All the voltages coming into the HU are correct. I also tried testing the power antenna line and it reports the same voltage at about 7.5V. Is it just a defective HU or is there something else weird going on.

The HU is a Jensen VM9312.

Thank you in advance!

defective HU, also the fact that it is a jensen you arent gonna get a high quality remote or rca signal out of the amp, u can wire up a relay to turn on the amp

Without actually being there to do some tests on the HU I would think that the HU just doesn't have the output to support your aftermarket amp, or the HU has a defect in it's output power. I would try exchanging it if it is new and see what you get. You may also have a defective wiring harness. Check power coming in to the HU from the factory harness, if it is over 10Vrms then I would guess the HU

Thanks for the quick replies!

I tested the output right at the harness and it reads just fine at around 14V. It's brand new so I just have to find a store around that has another in stock. Unfortunately it's a touchscreen LCD in his price range so I doubt I can talk him into switching up for something a little better. With the Jensen being less quality would I be better off doing the relay method anyways?

I would. I don't like to product bash but the Jenson brand is just not really up to par with many other brands that are in the same price range. I would do what you can to convince him to upgrade to another brand but if you can't I would just run a relay to the amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.