remote start problems

2dmnloud
10+ year member

i just recently bought the autopage850lcd alarm with remote start....i can't figure out why the remote start not working i have gone through the tach learning process but when i get to the voltage checking process nothing happens i hit the button my door locks lock and lights flash and thats about it....its going in a 98 blazer it sounds like one of my ignition wires are wrong does anybody know if i have to have a 3 ignition wire i'm so lost i have checked all the voltages with key on and off and everything checks out....pleaseeeeeeee help

You should not need both voltage sense and tach. I would just hook up tach to the no like color of the fuel injector wire. also if u have a hood pine switch make sure that is all good and not letting it start. I am used to vipers so i am hoping some of this info will be usefull. If it is learning the tach but still not starting there is a nutral saftey shutdown wire {Viper once again } make sure that wire is grounded.

12volts red + ignition harness

Starter yellow + ignition harness

Second Starter N/A

Ignition pink + ignition harness

Second Ignition white + ignition harness

Third Ignition N/A

Accessory orange + ignition harness

Second Accessory

Keysense

Power Lock lt. blue + brown plug at BCM

Notes: The BCM is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the drivers side.

Power Unlock white + brown plug at BCM

Notes: The BCM is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the drivers side.

Lock Motor gray 5wi driver kick panel

Unlock Motor tan 5wi driver kick panel

Parking Lights+ brown + lt. blue plug at BCM

Parking Lights- white - lt. blue plug at BCM

Notes: This wire will not test when using the headlight switch. This wire is triggered by the DRL system. To meter the wire, start the car with the parking brake set, when the brake is released this wire will go to ground.

The BCM is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the drivers side.

Hazards

Turn Signal(L)

Turn Signal®

Reverse Light

Door Trigger - BCM

Use tan for the drivers door located in pin B4 of the purple plug, orange for the passenger door located in pin B2 of the purple plug, and dk. blue/white for the rear doors and rear hatch located in pin B11 of the lt. blue plug, must diode isolate these wires.

Dome Supervision use door trigger

Trunk/Hatch Pin pink/black - lt. blue plug at BCM

Hood Pin

Trunk/Hatch Release black - purple plug at BCM

Power Sliding Door N/A

Factory Alarm Arm

Factory Alarm Disarm

Disarm No Unlock

Tachometer white ac PCM

Notes: The PCM is located on the passenger fender. On the 2.2L the wire is in a black 80 pin plug pin 10, and on the 4.3L the wire is in a red 32 pin plug pin 20.

Wait to start N/A

Brake Wire white + steering column

Parking Brake

Horn Trigger black - steering column

Memory Seat 1

Memory Seat 2

Memory Seat 3

Immobilizer Bypass Module: Required: Yes Type: Passlock 2 Part #: 555L or 555T

Notes

Hope that helps too a little bit more.

thanks man but thats the exact wires i tap into...those direct electronics fax sure are helpfull any more ideas

i checked the neutral sfety switch to make sure it was not seeing 12volts at all time the only time it sees 12v is when the pedal is pressed so i know thats ok

i have tried that i have even turned the key to where my acc comes on and hit the button and nothing.....i think i don't have the right ignition wire's....because when i hit the button my door locks lock my lights flash and thats about it i have a picture of a ignition key....any other ideas

well if u are 100% sure all the wires are correct, and that everything is hooked up right it could be a bad unit. Its rare but i have had a few vipers do that to me

Yes he does have passlock two, But when he put the key in the ignition and it still did not remote start then it is something wrong with the remote starter/install, because the PCM would have seen the code on the key and started up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.