Remote Level Control

Participant count
  • Participant list

negativezeroz
5,000+ posts

Nothing Is Promised
ok well I just got JBL 601.1 and I got a free Kicker remote level controller to use with it. IT doesnt work and Bill (guy at Cartrends where I got the 601.1) said he's used the Kicker RLC on the other JBL amps and it works its just backwards

backwards as in the Kicker RLC has 0-11dB well 11dB is really 0 and 0 is really 11 when Bill had the RLC working with other JBLS

is it just because diff brands or wat? JBL makes a RLC for the 601.1 but Cartrends didnt carry it but they are ordering me one i think so I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and had it work/fail

every amp you buy is not going to be the same thing inside, different engineers make different products differently //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

so hooking up a rockford remote gain knob *should* not work with a hifonics amplifier. and if you try it, your an idiot. and its not the rj11 cord (phone) it only has 4 instaed of 6 wires (like rj11) inside it. rj45 (cat5 or ethernet) has 8. nifty huh?

you can (should) be able to get these at radioshack. but im sure there is some kind of circutry on the potentiometer inside the gain knob..

so i wouldnt try it. call them up and ask if you can order one.

it looks like a telephone wire yes but its not and it didnt work...i went back and tried a new wire and controller and nothing worked for my amp..so ig i hav to get the jbl ..kicker one was free so if i can figure out why it wont work wont hav to buy the jbl one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.