Remote controls for my Kenwood

jayouest

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 26, 2018
Hi  I have a LDV van that I have just installed a Kenwood DAB radio into I want to be able to control the radio from the steering wheel if possible or some rocker switches on the dash.

The steering wheel does not have any audio control buttons on it.

So am I led to believe that these steering wheel controls actually control the radio via an interface which has some sort of 'radio' technowledgy ie wifi blue tooth or what ever?

So what do the buttons on the steering wheel do?

Sorry may seem dopey to you boffins  but....

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
Hi  I have a LDV van that I have just installed a Kenwood DAB radio into I want to be able to control the radio from the steering wheel if possible or some rocker switches on the dash.

The steering wheel does not have any audio control buttons on it.

So am I led to believe that these steering wheel controls actually control the radio via an interface which has some sort of 'radio' technowledgy ie wifi blue tooth or what ever?

So what do the buttons on the steering wheel do?

Sorry may seem dopey to you boffins  but....
boffins... British? anywho, you might try one of these https://www.amazon.com/fosa-Wireless-Universal-Infrared-Steering/dp/B07D39YXLS/ref=sr_1_30?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1545920778&sr=1-30&keywords=steering+wheel+remote+control

i used one of these for years and was pretty happy with it back in the early 2000s https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-SR11-Steering-AVIC-D2-AVIC-N3/dp/B000ARCB6Y/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1545920778&sr=1-10&keywords=steering+wheel+remote+control

to your last question, i guess are you just looking to see what all can be done on the control unit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds