Relay for remote turn on?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bradl79
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NLR
i am trying to understand how to set up a relay, so do i have to run an new wire from my pos battery terminal and run to the relay, i already have one going to my amp. then i need to ground the relay with another wire to another ground spot, then connect the remote turn on wire to the relay then i can run 2 or more remote turn on wires to the relay? am i understanding this correctly?

anyone have a good guide, thank you.

86 to remote from radio - 87 to 12v constant - 85 to ground - 30 to remote input from amps, EQs, XOs etc.
Capture.jpg

You can get the 12V from the amp power terminal. But treat it as if you were attaching to a battery and put a small fuse (2 amps maybe) close to the amp terminal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.