Regarding Peel and Seal

jokertlr
10+ year member

I think I have read every Peel and Seal thread known to man on every car audio site there is and they are mostly all the same. Half of the people on there say that it is great because it is cheap and it works just like any other deadener and half say it will ruin your car. What I noticed is the half that like it "so far" actually have put it in their car. The naysayers tend to know a friend of a friend who had it melt or stink etc. I'm not saying that they are wrong or that there isn't the possibility that someone could have problems with Peel and seal but I would like to hear from someone who had the problem themselves. I would also like to hear from those people who have had peel and seal in their cars for an extended period of time (in the heat would be helpful).

In theory it seems like a great product to cut down on costs, generic items generally don't have the flair of the big name but work the same. I would like to find out if the difference between these products is like the difference between Advil and walgreens generic ibuprofen or if they are far different.

Personally, I would imagine (without personal experience of course) that Peel and seal would hold up to the heat because it is a roofing item. Anyone who has spent any time roofing can agree that temperatures on a roof in the blazing summer sun border on dangerous and it would seem something that is meant to handle those conditions would be able to handle the heat in a door or trunk.

Well..........Like i said in my review I've got 8 layers of this stuff just stacked on eachother. It does get a bit squishy when it's hot......the corners sometimes come come off a little bit both it is in noway serious. As of smell.........I have notcied absolutely nothing, neither inside the car or out.

If you really look at it with all ratios.......Cost, width of the stuff, heat tolerance, it coming off on the corners, you taking 10 seconds out of ur day to put it back.........you just can't beat it for 25-35 dollars.

All tar is gonna get squishy in the sun, no matter what you can't avoid it. My extreme dynamat piece would just fall off for no reason IN THE WINTER. And i applied it properly. This stuff has not caused me anymore or anyless problems than the extreme dynamat did for me.

I'll try and break it down a lil later.

Peace

On another forum there was a chemical/sound dampening/adhesive test done on almost every brand/type of mat deadener out there. It showed that Peel 'n Seal is worth every it of the money spent, but no more. It did the job so that after a couple layers it would have the same effectiveness as one layer of Second Skin and Dynamat Xtreeme (the two best test results).

So, does Peel 'n Seal work, sure. However in the long run you will spend close to the same amount of money (for the same results as more expensive products) and more time to apply it.

However in the long run you will spend close to the same amount of money (for the same results as more expensive products) and more time to apply it.
I disagree. Lets break it down shall we.....

Alright on a 30 dollar role of peel and seal it's got to be close or over to the amount of square feet of a bulk pack of original dynamat. Both are the exact thickness and ****. I failed second quarter of Algebra so work with me.

So I go out and buy 4 rolls of peel and seel for my car it's gonna cost you about $125

And if you buy just one bulk pack of original dynamat, it's going to you $125. And if you buy 4 bulk packs.....thats $500.

Your actually paying $375 for the same stuff that just has a logo on it.

Peace

I think what drkodin meant was the dampening properties from the dynamat are a little better, so you have to use more peel and seal to make up for that. By the time you have equal dampening, you have or may have spent the same amount of cash for the 1 layer of other mat. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I would bet that it is like using Legacy for subs. They get the job done but how well? I could see where SS mat would have more dampening properties and such. Just no reason for them to spend so much money and stuff when they could just buy some tar and stick it on a mat. You look at some of the posts Ifandorbuts makes and tell me time and reasearch doesnt go into it....

peel and seal is great for people on a budget that live in mild climate zones.

lot sof people have great success with Peel and seal however if you do a search you will notice that most everyone that reccomends Peel and seal is someone that has installed the product within the last month or 2, and usually they just put it in last week.

I dont belive I have read a review of Peel and seal after 6 months or a year of successfull installation.

a lot of people put it in and are impressed with the results. after all the price they pay is incredile, so whats not impressive?!?!?

it is the test of time and heat that will prove P&S worth while or not.

look for peopl that have used a deadener over a year ago and see how happy they are with the product.

if it is P&S then go for it! same some cash.

just hard to find anyone with andy P&S longevity.. not that they dont exist, just not too many of them

ANT

just hard to find anyone with andy P&S longevity.. not that they dont exist, just not too many of them
And its also quite hard to find anyone who says that it didn't work out over a long period of time... Maybe the problem is no one has used it long enough to find out how it works long term.

ok 1st let me say i have used it....

i have had no problems with it....

and as for how long....well my old car is RIP in a junkyard and it still has the peel and seal on it.....over a 1yr easy.

now on my new car after reading all the drip problems and the fact that i dont like the alum. back look i covered it with truck bed liner....works great.

and i would say this is just as good as dynomat X i have used both and for 15$ for peel and seal im hooked on it. i install it in eveyones car i work on.

i even trusted it on a fully done up 54 chevy.

i used peel & seal in my cavalier back in '01

did the entire trunk and 3 layers on my trunk lid, i didn't use any heat, just a wooden roller. I live in chicago, where the summer will reach 100, and the winter will reach -10, and the humidity can be disgusting

the car sat from 1/03 untill 4/04, the peel & seal is still holding strong, in fact, i tried to remove some of it last week and it was a no-go

That sounds pretty convinsing, where do you find this stuff in canada, i did a search a while ago but everything was in america?? :p

Help me out, i wanna try this stuff too

i used peel & seal in my cavalier back in '01
did the entire trunk and 3 layers on my trunk lid, i didn't use any heat, just a wooden roller. I live in chicago, where the summer will reach 100, and the winter will reach -10, and the humidity can be disgusting

the car sat from 1/03 untill 4/04, the peel & seal is still holding strong, in fact, i tried to remove some of it last week and it was a no-go
I trust this man! He Has a record, must be doing suttin right.

Was curious around how much does the Peel N Seal cost and what sqft does it come in?

I'm assuming u can get it in department stores but was curious if u knw of any other places?

Rawdogj and Delvryboy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif Thank you
two comments and then i am going to let it drop.

1) Delvryboy (don't know about Rawdogj) is a very capable installer, and there is always a right and wrong way to do it. P&S just has more wrong ways than its competitors at 2x the price (obviously).

2) the tests i mentioned (which it seems everyone just skimmed over the comment and forgot about it) were conducted and proved everything Ant and myself have said. P&S was by far inferior to SS and Dynamat, with brown bread/Rammat in a very close second, if anyone wants the results of the tests just pm the_spacemonkey (his name is bobby btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ) on http://www.caraudioforum.com or http://www.caraudiotalk.com and he can tell you what he had as far as results go.

from my own experience i have used dynamat, eDead, Fatmat, Stormguard and P&S. couldn't tell much of a diffrence between dynamay and edead, however the other just ****** in comparison. 1 layer of edead was easily as effective as P&S/Stormguard. These are just my experiences and i know that every car is different, but for a product that is going to work well no matter the car/install stay away from P&S.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.