Refurbished amps? Yes or No? (any experience)

Moofs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking for a good amp that makes 300 (or slightly more) RMS at 2 ohms. The kicker ZX300.1 seems perfect and is 150 new. Not bad, but half price car audio sells refurbished models from 90-120 depending on the year.

What do you think? Does this seem legit, or something you would buy?

(I mean if I can save 50$ that will cover all my cost for speaker wire and such)

It wont let me post links for some reason.

yeah it has a 90 day warrenty. it's either refurbished by kicker or the halfprice ppl.

also, would u spring for the newest model or something like the 09 model. does it even matter?

I think bassinbuick is still doing fixerupers if you need a refurb
I would trust his refurbs, my comment was mainly about the hundreds of idiots with a soldering iron that sell amps they've repaired themselves on ebay.

That and the shady non authorized dealers that have replacement warranties who take broken amps back and have some flunkie in the shipping department "fix" the returns.

I bought my kicker 750.1 as a refurb and I couldn't be happier with it. It was refurbished by kicker and it is warrantied. Birth sheet says it puts out 899 watts rms at 2 ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks guys! I'm gonna go through with it.

I about have everything I need for my system planned now.

I just wanted to double check!

I have no problem buying a refurb, but only if its refurbished by the manufacturer, not a seller.
this^^^ BUT for 30-50 more bucks, id buy new. just because you will KNOW itll work right and if it doesn't it warrantied.

but ALWAYS buy buy refurbished equipment from the manufacturer. they have all the parts in house, and the tools, and know how etc, and are VERY familiar with their amps and the circuitry in them.

not to say that a person cannot do just as good a job fixing an amp, but we all know that there are idiots out there who do all kinds of crazy stuff to amps.

personally, i bought a planet audio bb2400.1 refurbished by the manufacturer, and have been nothing but pleased with it. for 50 more bucks i would have went new. but i saved 100+. and it works just fine.

yea i would go new if its only going to save ya 30-50 bucks....could run into one of those situations where your sending refurbs back and forth a few times before you get one that lasts longer than the 90 days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.