Reconing PSI Platform 1 Basket/Magnet?

Participant count
  • Participant list

East
10+ year member

Team New England
I was going to go through DC or AQ for a recone on my PSI Platform 1 it's just the double stack with no cooling and the 6 spoke basket for an 18" it originally had a 4 layer 3" copper coil so I'm assuming the AQ HDC3 18" or DC Level 4 18" recone would be adequate? I just want a good 1000-1500rms woofer to beat on. It was sporting 2 9" progressive spiders as opposed to 3 8" spiders it was originally going to have. I just want to make sure all will be well if I feel this thing 1000-1500 with one of these recones.

img5267small.jpg

img5265small.jpg

Not sure what the length was but that picture should give a good idea. I didn't want to spend a lot I'm going to buy the recone and sell it to a friend and make what I spent on it back.

I got a quote from SPLaudio and it was more than I was willing to pay compared to DC's quote etc I want to keep this as cheap as possible to recone.

I got a quote from SPLaudio and it was more than I was willing to pay compared to DC's quote etc I want to keep this as cheap as possible to recone.
I'm guessing if a level 4 recoe will fit and the coil stays cool enough you'd be good.

well ur talking 9.250" spiders and 18" cone those add up. if you want a quote for 8" spiders price will drop, if interested hit me up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.