Recone jl 10 w3d2 or get different subs?

Skoty422
10+ year member

I have three subs that the rubber surround is dry rotted. They have been inside my house but as you all know those are some pretty old subs. The Recone kit for them is about $30 each. I will only be using two but want to repair the other for back up. I have never done this before so is it easy to mess up? And would yall reccomend just getting new subs? Also, if Recone is a good idea, is there anyone near Gonzales or baton rouge that could help me so I don't mess them up?

just me me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

pm me lol

Don't run the risk of doing it yourself and messing it up. It looks really simple when you watch people do it but you can easily misalign the voice coil and have to do it all over. SPLaudio will do it right and it won't matter that he is not near you because his prices are great.

Sent him a pm. So I'll see if it's worth the cost with shipping to repair them or if I need to start shopping around. Thanks for the info guys.

i have done a few subs,it really isnt that hard ,but i wouldnt recommend doing one by yourself the first couple of times .you may endup jacking it up .just really got to take your time and shim the coils evenly all the way around scotty .we use businedd cards to do this ,make the basket and spider landings are very clean as well,and use activator .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.