Anyone ever use the MB Quart PS2 subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

galacticmonkey
5,000+ posts

Wants a button like that.
Tampa, FL
Im looking at some super entry level budget 12s to do a reasonably priced budget daily wall. Looking for 12 12s to wall at the c-pillar and these MB Quarts caught my eye. For $35 it has push terminals? Seems like a nice feature from Maxxsonics, which is a semi-reputable brands since some of their products are pretty nice.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? Do they perform reasonably well for such a cheap subwoofer? Obviously this wouldnt be the final sub that I use, as Id eventually replace them with some nicer woofers once I get done with doing my door panels, mids/highs, back wall of mids, etc.

So anyone have any input?

MB Quart PS2-304 (ps2304) 12" Dual 4 Ohm Performance Series Car Subwoofer

only 6.5MM of excursion. thats lower than the 6.5 sub in my computer 2.1 settup.... id suggest getting the subs you intend to run off the bat.

Matt

The Xmax rating isnt total excursion. That is just linear excursion (aka how far the coil can move and still be in the gap). It really has little to do with output or how low a subwoofer will play.

I cant find any tsp's on the mb q's, theres not even an owners manual on their website. Are you looking for all out spl or what?

Imo Boston G1 12s are the best entry level subs for around $55. With my Ford Contour I pulled a 139.7 sealed on the dash on music with my SPL Lab with ~900rms and a box tuned to 31hz. Sq is some of the best I have ever heard, I did a lot of comparing and they have some of the highest motor force on the coil for subs less than $75. I'm talking about (bl^2/Re)/mms. I put the same box from above into my buddy's Mazdaspeed 6 powered from a MTX 1501d and did 140.2 sealed on the dash on the same song as before.

Sonic has dvc4 G1 12s for 55 shipped ea, might be able to get a better deal on them if you call and ask since you are getting 12.

Just looking for the highest quality budget speaker (below $40-45/ea). The box will do most to contour the sound (it will be a bandpass and I always design/build them to get killer low end output), but obviously Im looking for the highest quality speaker for the price.

Just remember, 12 subs at $35 each is $420. If they cost $55 each, thats quite a jump in price in terms of percentage.

Just looking for the highest quality budget speaker (below $40-45/ea). The box will do most to contour the sound (it will be a bandpass and I always design/build them to get killer low end output), but obviously Im looking for the highest quality speaker for the price.
Just remember, 12 subs at $35 each is $420. If they cost $55 each, thats quite a jump in price in terms of percentage.
they do seem better on paper than many other $35 subs...what power? a good, clean 3k? with twelve 12's done right, you will not need much excursion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.