Recommended amp for 2 JL audio 12" w3s

highfiveforyou
10+ year member

nj
whats a good amp for 2 JL audio 12" W3's the subs are 2ohm DVC and need a amp stable at 2 ohms, just need some suggestions on what amp to look into. If i can get the circuit city discount im going to get the MTX 6500D, but if not i am lost. I've had my mine stuck on this MTX amp for a while but now i dont know if i can get the discount.

Thanks a lot

at the local sound store i go to a lot, they say that the JL 500/1 performs almost perfect with the w3's. i'm going to get 2 12w3's and a jl 500/1, so i've been looking into it for a while

i would compare the jl 500 with a bd 1000 but not a bd500 ...just because you are running 2 ohms nominal doesnt mean that it will always be at or under 2 ohms................i know rockford stuff is good and underrated but stillllll.....

umm in ways yes and no...at "normal" listening levels (if set up propper) no. what it boils down to though is the jl is a 500 watt amp reguardless..the rockford bd500 is a 250 watt amp that gains power with lowered impedence....but most of your music's frequency response will usually generate a higher impedence(in most cases) sooooo...... but if you compare the jl with the bd 1000 its a different game.

i am in my own eyes splitting hairs here mr. i am not saying the rockford wouldnt be good just letting him know how to weigh the differences as sales people will make note about these differences...look at me i run neither of these amps..... i like the jl's a smidgin more than rockford's but its for a different reason than power.....it is its overall set up. rockford will always be a great bench mark to perform against...and that in its own right is a compliment.

oh i have nothing against jl...i think the 500/1 is a good amp. I dont know guess i am just looking at price lol. but yea i think jl makes good amp. if you have the money go for the jl amp. if not rockford

heck yeah its good... memphis, jl, dei, rockford, mtx , mmats, ppi orion .........see where im going? would be hard to make a truely "bad" choice..jbl is good too...hehe you know what to get you just want the best one. look at tests on reactive load testing on these amps and then select the features you want...mind you that price factor would be hard to beat if that is the highest point in making your selection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.