Recommend Subs Please

Boomboy
10+ year member

Team D.O.A
Wisconsin
Ok, so recently i had 2 15" L7's on around 1600 watts MAYBE...was doing 139.x on music looking for a new setup that will obviously get louder and lower...i know i sound like a noobix cube but i would like suggestions on what moofers to get...so far im leaning towards 2 15 omegas, or 2 15 hdc3's for the most part but am open to ALL suggestions...basics on setup is as follows.

3-4krms (more towards 4)

180-225 amp ea alt, bank on the 180

box tuned to mid-upper 30's

800 to spend on subs shipped

When I think of low, I think of the octave from 15hz to 30hz. If you want to tune for the mid to upper 30's you will not get anything below that frequency that will be worth hearing. How low is low to you?

When I think of low, I think of the octave from 15hz to 30hz. If you want to tune for the mid to upper 30's you will not get anything below that frequency that will be worth hearing. How low is low to you?
well i dont want to stupe to under 30hz by any means but i would also like to put down some nice numbers i guess 32 is the lowest i would go and be comfortable...

i have the incriminator 12" wardens w/ 2 40.1s in my crx( i am working on getting 2 more 40.1s) that i do spl with & i have 2 of the 12" death penaltys in my cts. the dps sound awesome playing music. you can beat the hell out of them. you can't go wrong with any of the incriminator products.

i have never had the opportunity to play around with the dc subs but heard nothing great things about dc products & rusty. level 4xls look sick!

I hate to be anti-new substage but 2 L7 15's on 1600wrms and you're only doing 139.x? Something doesn't sound right. You need to go back and check your setup because unless you're driving a school bus I'm pretty sure something isn't up to par. Your new set up might wind up falling flat if you don't find your issue. Am I wrong in my thinking?

I hate to be anti-new substage but 2 L7 15's on 1600wrms and you're only doing 139.x? Something doesn't sound right. You need to go back and check your setup because unless you're driving a school bus I'm pretty sure something isn't up to par. Your new set up might wind up falling flat if you don't find your issue. Am I wrong in my thinking?
completely stock electrical...1600 was just a guess not actually sure what it was putting out...its in a civic so the batt is about half the size of a normal car battery so that didnt help, also the trunk wasnt sealed at all...

Yeah, I thought 139 sounded kinda low too, but if it's not loud enough it doesn't really matter what the numbers are. Was it ported?

Yeah, I thought 139 sounded kinda low too, but if it's not loud enough it doesn't really matter what the numbers are. Was it ported?
ya, tuned to 38hz before displacement, i say this because it was a ttb t box which had 3 chambers per sub, its basically like a snake moves...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.