Recommend me an alarm

jdawg90
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
alberta
I just bought a new (used) truck and need to get an alarm for it. What's a good 2 way alarm that will give feedback to the remote to tell you when the alarm is triggered?

Last alarm I had was a viper and it was a POS so I don't want to go with them. I don't need many bells and whistles.

While I'm personally partial to Viper and haven't had any bad experiences with them, you could also take a peek at Python as well.

I just bought a new (used) truck and need to get an alarm for it. What's a good 2 way alarm that will give feedback to the remote to tell you when the alarm is triggered?
Last alarm I had was a viper and it was a POS so I don't want to go with them. I don't need many bells and whistles.
dei are the best imho, python viper clifford are all the same company.

the other big company is omega? (Omega, excalibur, crim guard, k9)

Amazon.com: Excalibur AL-1830-EDPB Deluxe Two Way Alarm Remote Start: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Excalibur AL1510EDP Deluxe 2-Way Keyless Entry Alarm System with Code Hopping Feature: Car Electronics

you can look into scytek also

Precision 5500 Remote Starter Car Alarm

Well I just pulled the viper out of my car I am selling. It is only a 1 way since the 2 way remote broke, I think I'm just going to use it in my truck and just add a ton of piezos to make it loud as hell.

Go with a Viper, I've been an installer professionally for a decade and have used Viper, Compustar, other DEI products and seen the quality of other brands (the Omegas, etc.). I personally have a Viper alarm/remote start in two of my vehicles and couldnt be happier. What are the issues you are experiencing? Most, if not all, issues involving alarms are a result of the installation not the product.

the problem i have with my viper was the sensitivity is a POS, at 1/8 position and below even if your car was slammed with a hit and run, it wouldnt even go off, and anything above 1/8 the wind will set it off. Fk vipers

the problem i have with my viper was the sensitivity is a POS, at 1/8 position and below even if your car was slammed with a hit and run, it wouldnt even go off, and anything above 1/8 the wind will set it off. Fk vipers
LOL, was it plugged in correctly (the harness). If it's oriented in one direction there's no warn away so it has to be slammed hard to go off. The other orientation will have warn away. One end has a looped wire (green for progressive trigger - i.e., the warn away 2 stage function) where the other is just bare which deletes the 2 step warn away. Any and all viper brains that I've ever used with an external shock sensor I have never had an issue with; the internal ones still worked but weren't the greatest, required a little more tweaking.

Also is the shock sensor mounted to a body panel, not a harness; vibrations don't travel that well up into harnesses.

Just an FYI if you complain about shock sensors being poor on a Viper, good luck with the other brands. :-\ lmao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.