Recommend me an 8" sub for a sealed enclosure

NightScreams
10+ year member

indiana
12 Honda Fit. I want to put a sub in it but save some space so going to go 8" sealed.

Accuracy is not a big deal but I do want a nice tight sound and can go as big as perhaps roughly 10x10x12 size box is my general top size aim. I want to achieve a certain look in a certain spot in the trunk of my Fit so thats why I'm aiming around that size atm.

If it can handle a little over rated like maybe as much as 500 watts would be great but don't want to spend a lot this time. Not sure which amp i'll use just yet but likely either of my JL XD amps 300 watts 4 channel or my 500 watt mono one but doubt I'll actually try to push that much power out of it considering it will be along with a 4 channel and stock alternator so if I use my larger amp I'll likely keep it tamed with a lower gain setting and gauge wire.

I got a 12w6 sub and despite what everyone says in regards to how good they sound, I just don't think the more pricey subs are worth that SQ to me personally comparing it to some cheaper subs I have had over the years so maybe $100-$150 budget.

So what sub might suit my needs and do very well in sealed boxes around that size

Sundown SD 8 They sound great in small sealed enclosures, have good output for sealed 8's and can handle more than their 300 watt rating. I have 3 in about 1 cube sealed running at .66 on a SAZ1200. So they are getting somewhere between 400-500 watts each and handle it no problem.

The SD-2 8 is optimized for sealed. If you want a sealed 8, that's your best bet period

The SA 8s are more ported oriented. Suspension is optimized for that specific application. They'll work ported, but youll be disappointed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.