Recommend me a HU better than the pioneer 80prs?

I had the pioneer 860mp and I loved that radio. Too bad I sold it with my old car. So its time for a new radio. I want something that has the same features as the new pioneer 80prs but better. My friend has the new pioneer 80prs but Im not too impressed with it. It feels and looks like junk. Anyone know of one thats close to that price range?

Something like:

13-16 band eq

24 bit burr brown

4-6 volt preouts

a networking feature will be nice too

thanks

What's the most your looking to spend? I had an incredible pioneer double din in my last car. Don't remember the model. ABH or AVH somethin. Was $300 brand new.

Get an eclipse cd7200 mkii

It will not fail to impress you (7 band parametric eq)

I have heard some people not liking the 80prs, the p99rs is great (not fantastic) but great none the less. The 99 is not worth the high price tag imo. The complaints I've seen with the 80prs is that the sound was "hollow" (maybe lacking detail).

You have to consider the equipment your friend is using... is he running decient amps/speakers? The 80prs is going to give you a big bang for your buck when you look at all the features it comes with.

I had a pioneer double din (Avic-x930bt) but it was not so great on the sound quality... My opinions for what they are worth.

Aside from some reliability issues with it an MS-8 may be a good option as well.

If I was in the market right now that high end kenwood used or the 7200 used and an MS-8 used and that should give you some very very nice sound...

You could probably find the both of those for around 500 bills total.

$350 will be the most since I can get a pioneer 80prs really cheap. lol
Also, a double din will be nice but I noticed pioneer double dins dont have too many features for an sq setup.
Normally I'd agree with that but peep dis... I was set on it for my Maxima until I found out that you lose a bunch of features when you unplug the factory HU w/o buying a din sized adapter with the missing buttons that were on the factory HU.

BRAND NEW PIONEER AVH-P8400BH 2-DIN DVD/IPOD/IPHONE RCVR BLUETOOTH & HD RADIO | eBay

[quote name=

Something like:

13-16 band eq

24 bit burr brown

4-6 volt preouts

a networking feature will be nice too

thanks[/quote]

what is 24bit burr brown? and what makes it desirable?

and same for the 13-16eq band?

what does an "average" head unit have compared to those options also?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.