Recommend me a budget-range amp!

Hey all,

I am looking for a new amp as I got burned on the Hifonics Brutus one I bought secondhand and my Alpine one went out before that. I have 2 x 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 dual 2-ohm subwoofers and I listen to rap. I am looking for one for everyday personal use so nothing fancy but nothing garbage. My budget is ~$180. My setup is wired with true 4 gauge welding cable.

Please let me know of some amps I should look at.

Thanks!

I’m assuming you’re wired down to 2 ohms. There will be multiple options for you so I’ll just throw one out there as well.

Infinity K1000 (eBay link attached) Big Blank benched it at over 1200 certified and it appears to be very efficient.

I have the JBL GTR 1001 and love it. Got it for a steal. Feels solid, well built, and doesn’t get hot when running at full tilt.

I believe I'm going to go with this one based on the reviews I've seen. They have the 1 ohm and 2 ohm listed at the same price. Should I get the 1 ohm in the event that I upgrade my subs down the road or stick with the 2 ohm?

It's up to you really. You could always upgrade to two dual 2 ohm subwoofers again. But if you get the 1 ohm version it will still be enough power at 2 ohms for your current subwoofers. The 1 ohm version should do around 1200rms before box rise running at 2 ohms.

I believe I'm going to go with this one based on the reviews I've seen. They have the 1 ohm and 2 ohm listed at the same price. Should I get the 1 ohm in the event that I upgrade my subs down the road or stick with the 2 ohm?

If you are going to wire the subs to two ohm, then get the two ohm version of the MD1800. The one ohm version is rated at 1,400 watts @2ohm. The two ohm version is over 2,400 watts @ 2ohm.

Rockford P2s are rated 400 watts rms each. Doesn’t exactly need 2400rms before rise for them. The md1800 at 2ohms would be fine if he is going to upgrade to dual 4s or dual 1 ohm subwoofers later on and wire to 1 ohm.

Just an update.. I bought the Taramps MD1800 2 ohm amp, pulled my KnuKonceptz Basik RCA's, pulled my KnuKonceptz CCA remote turn on wire and re-ran KnuKonceptz Klarity OFC RCA's along with OFC remote turn on wire. Now I'm just waiting for the amp to arrive so I can re-ground my ground wire and get it going again.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.