TMA 500.1 amp blowing power stage Fets

Participant count
  • Participants list

Frankensub

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a TMA 500.1 and when i got the amp the fuses and the power stage mosfets(irfz44n) were blown. I removed the blown fets and checked for shorts and found none. Then checked the gate resistors and they were good. Replaced all the power stage fets and checked again for shorts. No shorts. Applied power to the amp and immediately the power fets were blown. Any ideas???

Not worth the repair unless you can handle it yourself. Did the fets blow as soon as you hooked up power and ground or as soon as you applied remote turn on?

Thank you both for your time and thoughts.
Ive been a mechanic for 30+years now and ive worked on everything from 16 cylinder ALCOs to 1 cylinder Briggs and Stratton. Im very intuitive and i score 100 % on mechanical applications.
My point being is that this amp isnt for profit or for sale. I learn from experience and would like to diagnose this particular issue with the amp.
Mr. Kush, you are right as to the throwing it away, if i were of a mind to do that. As to noone on here knows amp repair, all i seek are opinions.
Mr. Spooney, the fets blow at rem turn on.
Thank yall for your help. I appreciate it very much.

Is there limitations to how many sub woofers i can power when i strap my amplifiers? I'm running 4 12's and want to strap two mono block amps. How would i go about wiring the speakers?
Are the subs dvc? Or Svc? 2 or 4 ohm? The only limit to how many subs you can run is only limited by how much power you can provide from your vehicles ability to provide such power. 2, 3, 4 batteries can be installed and larger gauge wires, more powerful alternator to supply the power, etc....

Not worth the repair unless you can handle it yourself. Did the fets blow as soon as you hooked up power and ground or as soon as you applied remote turn on?
Im sorry, i am new to this Forum and must learn the etiquette. Thank you for you reponse and in answer to your question; the fets are blowing at remote turn on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.