recomendations for a VERY low budget build

Participant count
  • Participant list

shortmag

ID
daily driver build, just looking to get the most bump for my buck... 89 Ford bronco daily driver...

I'm thinking two 12s in an off the shelf ported enclosure. I'm not ready to add extra batteries and upgrade my alt yet so this will just be a daily basic set up. just something to let me feel the bass. plus this vehicle is only temporary for a year or two till i can get my Diesel...

was looking at RE or kenwood subs and Hifonics amps...

I have 1 kenwood comp 12 in a ported box in my (wife's) Ram off a 1200W Boss amp and 2.5F cap and it does ok, but i'd like a little more in my Bronco...

I used to run 2 fosgate HE2 12s off a power acoustik LT1440 in custom slot port boxes until they got stolen, and i loved that setup...

My budget is $500-600 so the cheaper the better... within reason of course...

RE SXX12D2s and a hifonics ZRX1216.1D would run about $550 (amazon)

what says the hive mind?

daily driver build, just looking to get the most bump for my buck... 89 Ford bronco daily driver...
I'm thinking two 12s in an off the shelf ported enclosure. I'm not ready to add extra batteries and upgrade my alt yet so this will just be a daily basic set up. just something to let me feel the bass. plus this vehicle is only temporary for a year or two till i can get my Diesel...

was looking at RE or kenwood subs and Hifonics amps...

I have 1 kenwood comp 12 in a ported box in my (wife's) Ram off a 1200W Boss amp and 2.5F cap and it does ok, but i'd like a little more in my Bronco...

I used to run 2 fosgate HE2 12s off a power acoustik LT1440 in custom slot port boxes until they got stolen, and i loved that setup...

My budget is $500-600 so the cheaper the better... within reason of course...

RE SXX12D2s and a hifonics ZRX1216.1D would run about $550 (amazon)

what says the hive mind?
buy 4 sundown EV.2 15s from sundown yardsale on caraudioclassifieds forums or hit up 50 dollars shipped each or hit up sundownz@sundownaudio.com to order

paired with a

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain

or an audiopipe apcl 1800

hifonics zues series are complete junk. Only their brutus elite amps are worth anything.

The rest should go into materals on making your box. Its fairly easy, get a design and wood cutout sheet from someone then go to home depot and have them cut the wood, take it home, glue and screw. Use a jigsaw to cut the holes and viola, you got a fking nasty 4 15s setup for 500-600. can easily put you in the high 140s or even 150 db range that will sh*t on most setups around your area.

Single high powered 12 wont even come close to 4 15s.

also looking at sundown...

SA-12 D2s on an SAE-1000 V2... would pretty much blow my budget and i would still need a box...

hmmm...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.