Recoil Speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Screenshot_20231116_110911_Brave.jpg

I had these in my car for awhile and they sounded pretty nice...that's the extent of my personal experience though 😂

You can buy them direct from Recoil:

They are decent but I think these pioneers at $99 ($150 off regular price) are preferable (if you like metal domes like I do):

An these would be my next step up from the recoil sets if you prefer soft domes (and I have a new set, open box you can have for $80.00 shipped)

Even nicer (and I have a new set you can have for $120 shipped)

Last edited:
I would stick to NVX or Polks,Infinity kappa and others for the $. The Pioneer I picked up that @Doxquzme recommended for $106 bucks with tax shipped sound great for the money.Quite pleased and Do well above 45htz(55 on up) bottom out in the 40s, but thats what subs are for right? lol. Tweeters sound very smooth and clean, not too bright, though I like mine a bit bright and @15k usually, but sound really nice. I would have liked some better surface mounting angled pods that are usually standard in most other brands, but not a deal breaker. If you want to go Cheap on a set of components.. Id look at S.Qubeds on Ebay. Im not sure I could trust a warranty from Recoil if you know Patrick and his methods of returns or have dealt with him on repairs at all or have researched any of the dealings done. Id be hesitant on my end, not knowing if they are stored outside in the elements under a tarp or come directly from the manufacturer? Look up Robot Underground,Jizz Lama(JL) and do some research,and now another brand Recoil

Last edited:
Though.. Buy what you want,and have a budget for. They may be what you are needing and want? Take my opinion and research as a Large grain of Salt.

I have been looking at Recoil for over a year. Their amps use lower quality caps. Which isn't a big thing, if you go thru car audio like I do. The speakers look to be from the same cookie cutter platform as Skar, Sundown, etc. I am pretty sure they will perform really well.

I have been looking at Recoil for over a year. Their amps use lower quality caps. Which isn't a big thing, if you go thru car audio like I do. The speakers look to be from the same cookie cutter platform as Skar, Sundown, etc. I am pretty sure they will perform really well.
Recoil has to have better customer service than skar 🤣

First of all, Patrick does not own Recoil. He simply does some work for the company and they pay him in product and he resells it. You don't have to buy anything from Patrick if you don't want to - you can buy direct or on Amazon.

I own the RPM365 3-way component set and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find better for the $160 I paid. I quite like them with 100 watts going to each side. Decent mid-bass and an excellent tweeter.

Recoil is a good company - I blew one of the 3" mids (my fault - accidentally blasted a full tilt test tone) and I was able to get a single replacement in a couple days. There are lots of high end companies that won't do this, or will make you buy a pair, etc.

I also own the MX65 pro coaxials. They are capable of very loud output with the trade-off being no mid-bass. The bullet tweeter is aluminum and you can bi-amp them if you want. I'm using them in the rear turned down about 5 db and I'm happy with them as well. Great for the $55 I paid.

The cheaper speakers are factory replacements. They're great for being $50 and under, and serve their purpose if you want to power them from the head unit and that's it.

It just depends what you are looking for, and how much you want to spend. I also bought 100' of their 16g speaker wire for $20. It is true to AWG and has a nice soft flexible jacket.

The accessories and wire are all good, as well as the line out converter that's active powered. The amps all do rated power and are a good value, and there are models for pretty much any application.

First of all, Patrick does not own Recoil. He simply does some work for the company and they pay him in product and he resells it. You don't have to buy anything from Patrick if you don't want to - you can buy direct or on Amazon.

I own the RPM365 3-way component set and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find better for the $160 I paid. I quite like them with 100 watts going to each side. Decent mid-bass and an excellent tweeter.

Recoil is a good company - I blew one of the 3" mids (my fault - accidentally blasted a full tilt test tone) and I was able to get a single replacement in a couple days. There are lots of high end companies that won't do this, or will make you buy a pair, etc.

I also own the MX65 pro coaxials. They are capable of very loud output with the trade-off being no mid-bass. The bullet tweeter is aluminum and you can bi-amp them if you want. I'm using them in the rear turned down about 5 db and I'm happy with them as well. Great for the $55 I paid.

The cheaper speakers are factory replacements. They're great for being $50 and under, and serve their purpose if you want to power them from the head unit and that's it.

It just depends what you are looking for, and how much you want to spend. I also bought 100' of their 16g speaker wire for $20. It is true to AWG and has a nice soft flexible jacket.

The accessories and wire are all good, as well as the line out converter that's active powered. The amps all do rated power and are a good value, and there are models for pretty much any application.
What prior components have you ran before owning the recoils?

What prior components have you ran before owning the recoils?
I have used the cheapest CDT in my last vehicle in a 2 way and I've used their coaxials multiple times. I've had older JL Audio, Kicker, Memphis - I can't remember the models. I can show you a couple pics of the recoil speakers I have from when I put them
1000001252.jpg
1000001188.jpg
1000001250.jpg
1000001185.jpg
1000001098.jpg
1000001083.jpg

Attachments

• 1000001250.jpg
    1000001250.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1000001185.jpg
    1000001185.jpg