Reccomendations For 08 Tahoe

tholley
10+ year member

u.s.
I have only done a few builds but was wanting to put a system in this new Tahoe... I was thinking 3 memphis dual 4 ohm 15's with a boss 2600 watt class d amp running at 2 ohms. I was wondering what you thought about this set up... my budget is around 500-750 and I am just focused on lows at the moment and will worry about the highs later on. All input is highly valued.

Thanks

Would you recommend a ported box for that setup?

edit: Also do you think that hifonics amp would be stable at .5

I don't like your set up.
I suggest 1 good sub and amp rather than 3 low end subs and the crappiest amp on the market (boss).

Around here everyone recommends the Fi BTL 15" in a good ported box powered by a AQ 1200 amp.

I have not heard them, but they come very highly recommended and would be a much better set up than what you listed.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154857a5909e8c6/shopdata/0020_Q/index.shopscript

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm
if you get the btl, get the Aq 2200.

4 15" AQ HDC3's w/ 2 AQ 3500's strapped... lol take it easy.

do a aq hdc3 18 and a aq2200 with a kinetic up front. done.

4 15" AQ HDC3's w/ 2 AQ 3500's strapped
I believe that is a little high for what I am looking for. I am kind of leaning toward fi after reading up on them. Anyone have experience with the Q series 12 or 15 from fi?

I believe that is a little high for what I am looking for. I am kind of leaning toward fi after reading up on them. Anyone have experience with the Q series 12 or 15 from fi?
my friend wife has a 15" Q in her Cobalt. sounded very good on rock music.

you have a big ass Tahoe. fill it up with some subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have decided to go with 2 Fi BL 18's with a custom made ported box with a 2600 watt hifonics class d amp, 0 gauge wiring and a 4 farad cap.

How would a yellow top gel battery work. I have a spare one and that would be a lot easier for me to use.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.