Rear Wheel Wells?

FredS3251
10+ year member

JJ :)
Ok so I just bought a 94 Chevy Blazer 2dr. I have a box already done that I want to put in. I want it to sit across, so subs fire off rear gate. My problem is there is a little over 37" width and I need 40". My neighbor has been doing fab work for like 15 years and he told me he can cut a little out of each side and reweld new plates so there is room for the box to sit. He is a very good welder, so I have no doubts in him doing it. I just want to know if there is any downsides to doing this. Like will this hurt the vehicles stabilty in anyway. Clearance wise for tires against suspsension is no problem only a tiny bit is going to be tooken out on both sides. I really want this box faced this way so I'm hoping it can work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah I was thinking that, but dont really have time with all the work I will have to do to pay for sound deadening, wiring and other things. The box I have now is a little over 6 cubes @ 42hz. It's holding 3 thunder 7500 12's. The main reason I want this done is for the fact I don't want to build another box. This was built for a Ford Explorer that I should have gotten by now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. I got this for such a good deal and my neighbor will do the work for free.

Yeah I'm not worried bout the carpet pieces that cover the wheel wells. I'm mainly asking for vehicle performance. Don't want to go and do this to find out my vehicle isnt going to work properly.

im sure itll change the integrity of the car somehow. you ever plan on selling the car? i know i wouldnt pay too much for a car that was hacked up and re welded.

Nope I'm gonna run her into the ground. With gas prices I'm gonna buy a little 4 cyl car. I havent really talked to my mechanic about this. He seems to know alot about vehicle's, but I figure some one has had to of done this before and would have some input.

Won't hurt a thing as that sheetmetal adds NO structural integrity. VERY common to open up the wheel wells to fit a bigger slick on a stock suspension drag car. Done it numerous times...

Seal up the seams with silicone once it's all welded in and you're good to go...

Wow never gave it a thought with people changing out tires and having to modify the wells. Any special silicone or will just a cheap tube from Lowe's work.

Dont cut your fuvking truck, you know how much work that is? And looks like junk, all to gain 3 inches? Remake the **** box, I built a 10 cube slot port in 3 hours last night start to finish.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.