rear/sub preamp output on sony head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Raging.waters

On my Sony cdx-gt40uw it has a rca output. However, I believe its a rear/sub preamp output. Will connecting this to my 4 channel amp that powers my 6x8 speakers make them play/focus on bass?

(Side note): I was messaging a Sony representative and he said use the aux port...made my question Sony in general.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

If the rca is rear/sub, it is usually selectable in the menus which way you would want to use it. The selection may also open up or unlock specific menus for tuning ( such as how and lpf)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

yes, use the single RCA output set in REAR mode until such time that you have a quality head unit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sub mode is also likely full range but possible to be level controlled from the HU.

if your amp doesn't have the ability to run in 2ch input mode you will need two RCA Y-adapters (female to dual male).

typically, SUB mode isn't affected by the fader while REAR mode is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.