Rear Speakers HISS

Participant count
  • Participant list

blazian87
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ever since I got my system installed, I noticed a hiss in the 6x9 rear speakers. I'm running it through a 4 ch amp. It's not engine noise that's for sure. It only hisses when I have the deck on (doesn't matter if my car is on or off) I even put it on pause and it's still there. So I decided to put my gains down, and there's no hiss but once i put it up, even if its just a little bit, there's some hiss and the higher the gains, the louder the hiss. I can hear the music fine it's just the static annoys me when I'm driving. I was thinking it might be a bad ground but the front component speakers are clear as the sky even with the gains all the way up.

My pioneer head-unit has only one pre-out, which ***** but I'm going to buy a better deck soon. anyways so it goes to the 4 ch then to my sub amp. I was thinking it might be the cheap deck but i pull the RCA's out completely and there still hiss, so it can't be the deck.

The only thing I can think of is either the rear CH is bad or the metal part of my speakers are touching the metal of the chassis. Is it not supposed to? I don't have any stock speakers laying around so I can't test it. I'm not sure but I'll show u the picture of my speakers.

pfz693.jpg

Any advice will be appreciated, Thank you

i have that exact problem.

it's just the gain. you have to tune it to where there is no distortion or no hissing. you probably maybe have to check your amp connections. with ur RCAs and your GROUND see if its all intact and putting out the right voltage.

but my problem is usually the gain, i have to turn it very far down. if not. if theres alot of gain, and a lot of hissing, the amp tends to over heat. :\

i have that exact problem.it's just the gain. you have to tune it to where there is no distortion or no hissing. you probably maybe have to check your amp connections. with ur RCAs and your GROUND see if its all intact and putting out the right voltage.

but my problem is usually the gain, i have to turn it very far down. if not. if theres alot of gain, and a lot of hissing, the amp tends to over heat. :\
but if it's the gain, then why does the front speakers have no hiss at all? even at full gains. I used this amp before on my old car and never had any hiss from front nor back. Even if you are right, there's no point of turning it up at all if there's any static and might as well just take James Bang's advice

that happened to my 6X9s too. I think its just the 4 chan thing.

I only ran a 2 chan this time in my setup and there was no hissing.

OP, does the noise still happen if you have the front speakers connected to the rear channels of the amp? What I am asking is did you check to see if the noise follows the speakers or the amp outputs? If the noise follows the amp output, then try switching the RCA cables and see if it follows the RCA cables, or if it stays with the amp channel. You should be able to narrow down the source quickly with this procedure.

Well I was at a friend's house last week and actually tried that. We switched the speakers and still the same noise from the back. But the thing is I only have one 2v pre-out coming out of my HU. So I'm not even using the rear CH of my amp. It goes straight to the Front CH and somehow splits it into 4 speakers, but even if i disconnect the RCA completely, there's still noise from the rear. I just turn the gains down for the rear so I don't have to hear the static. There's nothing I can do about switching signal because there's only one preout so I tried putting it straight into rear ch and makes a weird buzzing and thumping noise. I didn't wanna break anything so put it back. I'll just have to get a new HU and see if it's the gay pioneer's fault. If not, I'm really leaning towards the idea that the metal part of the speaker shouldn't be touching the metal but I'll see after my new HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.