Rear Speakers 6.5 vs 6x9

!DeafImThinkI

Alright, i had stock 6x9's in my 01 alero (4dr)..blew em few months after i bought the car, and just been usinga subs to make up for the bass, but now i want to get more sound. I bought polk audio 6.5" components (and 4x6" plate for the front doors) and am totaly unimpressed *by the 6.5"s only the 4x6plate's are great*. I wasnt expecting much but my stock 6x9's easily doubled the output (bass wise) of the 6.5" component. I have them wired threw the crossover, would it make any difference if i wired them direct from the old 6x9 wires. The car is factory amplified, i really dont think their under-powered, it doesnt sound like it but basically my question is, should i stick with components and try a different set or go to a aftermarket 3-way 6x9. Im not sure so let me know, thanks!

If you want to use rear speakers you can always add some 6.5" midbass speakers to accent what you have going on in your front stage...or you can go with coaxial and fade to the front...just my $0.02

woah you dun wanna put 6.5 components in the back... you want your staging to be in the front... they are not meant to push bass at all and you're too far from the back to even hear them that clear... there are many ways you can do this... its up to u... but good decent aftermarket 6x9s for the back would give u good midbass while your subs do the bass work... and if you can fit 6.5 components in the front, u should do so. but if not then i guess you're stuck with 4x6's. Personally I wasn't a big fan of 4x6's in my old car... they just aren't up to par with 6.5's... Check out Infinity Kappa's or References for your sizes tho, u might be happy with them.. and btw what sub do u have?

stock speakers are more efficient at the lower frequencies than after market speakers.(expect more bass out of them) after market speakers are designed to have a level frequency response of all relative frequencies involved.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.