Rear passenger speaker not working, already replaced speaker

CampNowhere

I installed a new radio and wasn't getting any sound at all. I disconnected all wires and stared hooking them up one by one and found out that my rear passenger speaker wasn't working. So I left the 3 other speakers connected and have audio. I figured it was the speaker so I replaced the speaker but I'm still not getting sound after replacing the speaker.

What would cause that 1 speaker to not work even though it was replaced?

most likely it's wired wrong behind radio, could be to wrong set of wires could be 1 of them isn't crimped good, could be a naked wire touching metal but that should effect more than 1 speaker could be hu has bad amp on that speaker.. go into settings on the hu and make sure fader / balance is good, my hu has + or - gain for each speaker make sure if it has that it's not - 10.. many of us don't even run rear speakers just speakers up front sub in back we don't care about passengers lol..

I know the connections are good, I checked everything and there aren't any wires accidentally touching. I mean there are only 8 wires for the speakers and the ones I am having issues with is the purple & purple/black. I did hook up my stock head unit just to see what would happen, the speaker works with the stock unit but not the kenwood. I did notice that when I have the rear passenger speaker hooked up with the kenwood I hear a *pop* coming from the rear speaker. I forgot to mention I am using the idatalink FO1 harness with this install.

You can use a 9v battery and touch to your speaker wires behind your deck if they are hooked to the speakers ..you'll hear a scratchy piping sound coming from the speakers ..if you get this sound from all your speakers it means there's a bad amp chip in the radio ...

So I figured out what the actual problem was. The purple set of wires had to be inverted. All of my other wires went white to white, gray to gray etc.... for some reason the lurolenset of wires to to be connected purple to purple black, not purple to purple. I have no idea why, but after I did that I finally got sound!

If you are certain of your settings and connections I'd disconnect THAT speaker at the HU and "POP" the wires with a 9V battery and if you hear the "POP"... if you do I'd check polarity... if not it's the settings or head unit itself... looks like you got it afterall... Kudos.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.